Sickle Cell Disease prevalence in Ghana and some African countries is carried genetically with the estimation of 10 to 40 per cent of the African population including Ghana is mostly carriers of the disease. About 18,000 babies born each year with the disease in Ghana which orphanage children are part. With the persistent challenges on Orphanage caregivers our campaign aims at enabling Orphanage children to live a healthy long life that support quality schooling and guarantees responsible adult life.
Bismark Boateng Asamoah, founder of Alicia Basel Consult Foundation in Ghana. Alicia Basel Consult foundation is registered with Social Welfare, National Youth Authority and Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly in Ghana since 2012. Bismark has completed his University of Cape Coast in 2006 with Bsc Psychology and worked with Ghana Education service from 2012 to 2016 but currently studying MBA at Cyprus International University.
Bismark says “My dream is to unite patriotic Youth under one umbra of love to change the lives of Orphans, aged and rural school going children in Ghana and beyond. The pain and toil experienced as an orphan since 2011 triggered me to serve humanity most especially in the areas of education and health for my targets. My believe in education and health as the tool for building orphans, rural school children and aged personality towards the better community with the help of my wonderful team has always been achieved in our previous projects undertaken since 2011- till date.”
Bismark has started a crowdfunding campaign with a goal of raising $7,000. The campaign motive is:
- To give Genetic counseling and testing for orphanage children to be aware of their sickle cell status
- Adopt the concept of comprehensive care management for care givers on the specific diet for children texted AS, SS and SC
- Placing orphanage children texted SS and SC with the help drugs of qualified health personals we have work with since 2014.
- The campaign will help orphanage home caregivers to know each child status so that they will be able to know the perfect food to be given to each child and those who needs to be given medications so as to build the immune system for longer life.
The fund raised through this campaign will be used for the following expenses:
- $ 7,000 is the amount of money that would help to undertake this soul touching project. The project will be conducted in five separate orphan homes with the total of 250 children.
- $ 2,000 for the 250 children screening which will be conducted in two phases among the five orphanage homes we have worked with them before on projects like education and health workshops as well as Christmas Fun Fair.
- $ 1,500 will be spent on donations which they do it occasionally for the children during such health screening exercises. The donations are always educational materials, toiletries, clothing’s and food.
- $ 2,500 will be spend on drugs for the unfortunate children who will be tested SS after the second phase of the screening for three months and our health projects are conducted by well recognized health Institution in Kumasi – Ghana. We have voluntary done this event before and we really know the orphanage homes and the credible health personal to make this campaign a realty.
- $ 500 will spent on Media Promotion. The idea is to sensitize corporate world to invest in other Regions in Ghana to help these children since most institutions like churches, hospitals etc. directs their free health screenings to schools, churches living orphanage homes behind.
- $500 will be spent on creating an amazing website since their website got expired two years ago due to inability of funds to spend on their targets needs as well as paying for the website at the same time.
- Contributing to support this soul touching project will help you save at least one helpless child who could have been taken care of if both parents were alive and will respond to what Nature expect from humanity as loving others as ourselves.
- Will help companies execute their social responsibility through the funding of this orphanage Sickle Cell Outreach by helping build the innocent child personality at the long run making them live long healthy life that support quality schooling and better adult life in their respective community.
- It will help stop the sudden death of these children who could have been solutions to many problems with humanity in the next generation to come.
Thank you so much for any help you’re able to give. And please forward this campaign to anyone you think may be interested and willing to help.
Any amount would count and it would be much appreciated if you are not able to give then to SHARE SHARE SHARE! Thank you all and much love!
If you want to support this project, you can do so by donating on their Indiegogo page: