CradleNest’s Sleepwear Collection was designed in South Africa and then handmade in Peru, from 100% Peruvian Pima cotton, considered the best cotton fabric in the world. The collection is a unique blend of deep Peruvian artistry and the vivid, wild motifs of the Serengeti used as a backdrop.
Using the Serengeti as a backdrop, they created the collection based on the Africa Safari with the double-sided prints of animal motifs and textures from this great destination. The crochet line for instance, boasts of hand knitted crochet hems that according to Jane Opal, a local fashion critic, ‘Would move any mother to instinctively want to cradle their baby in it.
The collection is broken down into a winter, summer, crochet blankets (large sized – 35 x 31 inches) and a one-sized swaddle line of sleepwear apparels. The hope is that the delicacy of the fabrics, affordability, coupled with the deep artistry displayed by the Peruvian craftsmen and women who helped bring these ideas to life, will become a mainstay in every parent’s shopping considerations.
Being a socially responsible business, CradleNest Inc teamed up with INABIF, a Peruvian government sponsored initiative that caters for vulnerable women and children, to create the 1-4-1 School Outreach Trust, which simply means that for every 1 item sold on on their website, they will donate 1 complete Back-To-School kit to the children under their care in Peru.
CradleNest’s Winter Collection
CradleNest’s Summer Collection
CradleNest’s Swaddle Collection
Attractive Features of Sleepwear
- All of their Sleeping Blankets are made from 100% Pima Cotton from Peru considered the highest quality cotton fabric in the world.
- The sleeping blankets are large sized (34 x 31 inches)
- The Safari Swaddle ranges are one sized and the unique size arms pattern, helps babies relax into a calm, prior and during sleep.
- The Safari inspired prints are not only bright and colourful, but the wildlife motif can also provide sleeping comfort and source of knowledge for the curious little ones.
- Double clothed and double sided prints
- Machine washable, Highest quality, Affordable, and Beautiful Handmade Designs
- Ideal for babies from 0-12 months old
Karen Palma has started a crowdfunding campaign with a goal of raising $25,000 in order to bring Safari Baby Sleepwear to market.
In the creator’s own words: CradleNest Inc. was inspired by the problems we encountered as parents of a newborn. We sought the highest quality and yet affordable sleeping blankets & swaddles; we couldn’t find anything suitable. We then went out and tapping into my Peruvian heritage & my husband’s African ancestry, we created this unique blend of love, our Safari Sleepwear Collection, made from 100% Pima Cotton. While at it, we decided we will donate one complete back-to-school kit for every item we sell. Its fun to share.
You’ve read this far. You’re ready to support. THANK YOU! But everyone loves perks. Take a look at what they’ve got to offer!
Source: The sample for this review was provided by CradleNest Inc. Please visit their Indiegogo page for more information:
Also please take some time to share this campaign across your social networks and encourage your friends and family to support.